Pregnancy is not at all an easy stage to handle. There are a lot of physical changes that one goes through. And Pregnancy and discomfort and a tad bit of pain often go hand in hand. But when discomfort progresses to pain, what medications can expectant mothers use for relief is a question to be examined carefully.Getting sick when you’re pregnant can be scary enough without having to stress about whether popping pills that might ease your symptoms will harm your growing baby. So you need to understand that not every medicine can be used like every other time. Pregnancy calls for some changes and a little more consciousness. And also importantly one of the biggest things my pregnant patients are afraid of is ingesting something that may cause birth defects or negatively impact the baby’s development. Hence, pain medication when pregnant, is to be taken only by the advice of the doctor.
Read the article to know what Pregnant Women Can Take for Pain during their pregnancy:
- First one should very well know that you should to avoid taking unnecessary drugs during the first trimester. And that is when fetal organs develop rapidly, making them extremely vulnerable to the potential risks of medications. At that time you should be extra careful about your medications.
- Secondly the truth is that most medications are actually deemed fairly okay. But also while you want to minimize drug use as much as possible, the consequences of not taking a medication on the health of the mother and baby usually outweigh any potential risks. You cannot stop medication but rather take the ones which are referred by your doctor only.
- Also thankfully pain medication pregnancy is there which a safe painkiller is. And they do exist, but as with everything else during pregnancy, diligence is necessary.
- Fourthly A cold compress and rest can help alleviate muscle pain and headaches during pregnancy. And then if you think you will also need additional relief, your doctor may recommend acetaminophen.
- Also very importantly, it is not just the medication you should be careful about. But also the amount to be intake. Follow the dosage prescribed by the doctor you will be fit and fine.
- Not only that, to add up more also Advil may make a certain vessel in the baby’s heart close prematurely and cause developmental issues in later stages of pregnancy. Some doctors after research also suggest that taking aspirin and no steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs medications near conception or in early pregnancy may increase the risk of miscarriage and birth defects. So any medication without the consent of the doctor or without proper prescription must be avoided.
- Lastly know that Pain medications, also called analgesics, can be obtained either in the counter or by prescription. And the few prescribed medication including painkillers increase the likelihood of birth defects or complications during labor and delivery.
During this stage the mother and the family must be very careful about medicines. A doctor should always be consulted before you think about taking any painkillers for the safety of the child.