In hardware devices, the firmware is the software that keeps tabs on its activities, input, and output. Experts always recommend updating it whenever a new version comes. The reasons are many. First of all, new updates bring better security features and fix all the loopholes that your existing software has. Many new features are introduced which improve the functionality and stability of your device.
Netgear Genie app works on desktops and provides easy setup and configuration of Netgear routers and range extenders. You can also use its parental control feature to keep your kids away from unwanted web content. It’s important to keep your extender up-to-the-date for best performance. In this article, we will discuss how you can update the firmware of your Netgear extender through the Genie app.
Without proper functionality, your extender might start acting up. In this situation, you can’t enjoy its proper benefits. Netgear WiFi extenders are easy to set up and their enterprise-grade security is really impressive. It is very important that you update the software whenever you see a new update. It will enhance the working of your range booster and you can utilize it more for better WiFi coverage.
If you want a helping hand for mywifiext-net.support, you can consult professional technicians to assist you with step-by-step instructions.
How To Use Netgear Genie App And Update Firmware Of Your Netgear WiFi Extender
Before getting to the process, first, make sure your PC is connected with the router physically. Now, you need to head to mywifiext and follow the steps given below. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn on the computer connected with your range extender
- Open a web browser you prefer the most (the best ones for the app are Chrome and Firefox)
- Remove all its browsing history
- Launch NETGEAR Genie app and sign in to the extender by either of the two methods
- Enter into mywifiext if your router and extender are set up on different SSIDs
- Type HTTP://< extender’s IP address> into the URL bar if both the devices share the same SSID
- When the login page displays, provide your login credentials properly (in case you changed the credentials earlier, use the new ones. Else use the default one)
- Click on the Log In button
- Hit the Menu icon
- Click on Firmware Update and click Check Online
If you see a new update, perform the steps provided on-screen by the wizard. Once done, enter again into your range extender settings and check for what is new to it. If you want, you can also restart your repeater. However, doing so too much is never a good idea. It affects devices in the long run. Instead, you can check the new Netgear WiFi extender setup page and reconnect the WiFi enabled devices with Netgear extender.
Similar to range extenders, you can also upgrade the router. It is as important as updating your range extender is. The updating process is quite simple. However, you might feel confused by some of the terms and options. It’s recommended to take expert help.